It’s easy to make mistakes with electric heating. Below are the main ones.
10 heating mistakes to avoid
- Cranking the thermostat up to get the room up to temperature quicker. This will result in higher bills, especially if you forget to turn it down.
- Leaving the heating on high when you go out, turn it down to a lower level.
- Not learning how to use the thermostat and timers on your heating and hone It to your lifestyle. Consider App controlled heating for ease of use.
- Leaving windows open.
- Ignoring poor insulation, draughts, leaky doors and windows.
- Leaving extractor fans on.
- Trying to dry clothes on an electric heater. This will cost more to run and do permanent damage to the heater.
- Not reviewing your consumption and bills.
- Choosing the wrong type of electric heating for your home.
- Choosing the wrong size electric heater for a room or space.