I have been asked this question countless times and there isn’t a quick, easy answer. Different lifestyles, types of home and building types all have different requirements.
Here’s some considerations when choosing an electric heating and hot water system:
- Do you live at the property?
It’s most likely it is your home, but you may be a landlord or Air BNB host. This may mean your requirements are different.
- Are you in during the day most days?
Young families, home-workers and retirees are in this group and they need an economical and robust heating solution.
- Would remote/app control be useful?
If you are out at work all day, turning the heating on/off remotely can lead to some good savings.
- How well insulated is the property?
- Does the home have double glazing?
- Are solar panels an option in your home?
- Would a home battery offer you any savings?
- What do you have in place at the moment?
If you wanted to send me the answers to these questions, I would be happy to offer some advice on the best option for you. Email me at Anthony@wandle-elec.co.uk.